Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour
Explore the amazing Wieliczka Salt Mine, one of the first sites on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Descend 140 m underground to explore the fascinating chambers and tunnels made of salt
- Enjoy a half day tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Learn from an expert English-speaking guide
- Descend 140 meters underground for a 2.5-hour tour
- Feel the amazing atmosphere in the chambers with statues made of salt
- Visit the Chapel of the Blessed Kings
To be picked up directly from your accommodation address, please provide us with the details at least 48 hours before tour starts. We will confirm the exact pick up time from your accomodation.
If you do not confirm your pickup details, you will be picked up from Straszewskiego 14 street.
Some hotels are situated in limited traffic areas and no direct pickup is possible. In that case, pickup is provided from the closest meeting point or hotel outside the restricted zone. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
Know before you go
- Valid student ID allows you to get a youth discount.
- Please provide accommodation information when booking to be picked up directly from your accommodation address. Otherwise, you will be awaited at Straszewskiego 14 st, Krakow.
- Some hotels are situated in limited traffic areas and no direct pickup is possible. In that case, pickup is provided from the closest meeting point or hotel outside the restricted zone.
- This tour is not recommended if you struggle with claustrophobia or walking disabilities; there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start.
- The maximum size of hand luggage is 35 x 20 x 20 cm; if your luggage is bigger, you can leave it in the locked bus parked next to the museum.
- Taking photographs is allowed.
- Please wear warm clothing and comfortable shoes.
Booking was easy and had to ring to cofirm where we were being picked up at and they were very helpful. Minis bus on time. The disappointing thing was how quickly we had to do the tour. I had my 84 yr old mum with me and althoigh she is fit it was hard work keeping up with the group. It felt very rushed. There was no time to appreciate the attraction or to take many photos. It was also very busy with the next group behind us all the time so we didnt feel that we could linger and take it all in.
Hotel pickup was prompt, about 5 minutes after the agreed time which is fine. The drive to the mines took longer than expected due to a 15 minute detour to pick up two people at a hotel on the outskirts of town. But the van was comfortable enough so it wasn't that much of a hardship. The tour was really good, and I especially appreciated the audio devices. The live tour guide spoke into her headset and we could all hear her through the device, regardless how far away, as you always had one earphone in your ear and your own individual volume control on the device. The guide was clearly understandable and gave good relevant information. I'm a bit deaf and usually have to walk right next to the guide in order to hear, so it was a luxury to be able to pause where I wanted to, and still be engaged in the tour.
You may also like
Auschwitz Birkenau Guided Tour
Zakopane Explore by yourself
Oscar Schindler's Factory Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Check what travellers ask about
Travelling to Auschwitz usually takes about 2,5 hours one way. The whole tour takes 7,5 hours.
If you want to be picked up from you accomodation you need to contact us first. We will confirm the exact pick up time from your location.
Please note there are several hotels in the Old Town restricted area, then you need to go to the closest meeting point.
Yes, it's possible. You need to choose the earliest morning tour to visit concentration camps and then start the Salt Mine Tour around 3 P.M. The whole combined tour will take about 11 hours.