Auschwitz Birkenau Guided Tour
Take a deep breath and go on a half day trip to a historical place from World War II -Nazi Germany’s Concentration Camp at Auschwitz Birkenau. Learn about the genocide campaigns against Europe’s Jewish populations.
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage–listed place
- Learn about the Nazi Holocaust
- See authentic evidence of crimes
- Hear stories about the everyday lives of prisoners
To be picked up directly from your accommodation address, please provide us with the details at least 48 hours before tour starts. We will confirm the exact pick up time from your accomodation.
If you do not confirm your pickup details, you will be picked up from Straszewskiego 14 street.
Some hotels are situated in limited traffic areas and no direct pickup is possible. In that case, pickup is provided from the closest meeting point or hotel outside the restricted zone. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time.
Know before you go
- As per the requirements of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, all participants are required to provide their full name and contact details as part of the booking.
- Entrance may be refused if the name provided on the booking is not identical to the name on the ID provided when entering.
- Owing to the requirements, all tickets to the museum are non-refundable. Please consider your purchase carefully
- The maximum size of hand luggage is 30 x 20 x 10 cm; if your luggage is bigger, you can leave it in the locked bus parked next to the museum.
- Valid student ID allows you to get a youth discount.
- Due to the high occupancy of the museum, the starting time is approximate. The exact time of the pickup will be confirmed the day before.
Our guide (Lucy) was fantastic and her knowledge was incredible. The tour was done in a good pace and didn’t spend a lot of time waiting around. All areas were covered. Our driver (Adam) was punctual, polite and friendly. It was a great day considering the content of the tour and would absolutely recommend.
What an amazing and humble experience this was. The driver picked us up on time in a nice air conditioned mini bus. He made sure we were all sorted at gates to auschwitz where we received our headset. Then we met our guide who was quite simply outstanding. The group hung onto her every word as she explained the horror of the Auschwitz and Birkenau camps with total respect. She was brilliant and her knowledge was unbelievable. Lots of walking but so worth it
Our experience at Auschwitz was amazing from Start to finish.. we were picked up at exactly the pre arranged time.. our driver and guide introduced themselves to us.. made us feel comfortable... explained exactly what would happen throughout the experience... can honestly say it’s an experience I won’t forget for a long time .. Never forget ..
Everything was okay, we booked the tour in the night before and it says that we should be at the meeting point at 9:10, we arrived then and no ones was there, we called the company and they said that the correct time should be 9:25 and was that. We went with a van in 7 people in the total. The driver drop us in the hotel in the end.
Prepare for walking and in winter have warm clothing, you are on the move quite a bit as it’s a busy tourist spot but very well organised, and time goes very quickly. There is a lot of steps up and down but worth it. There is places to get drinks, fast food, and toilets so nothing to worry about.
You may also like
Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour
Zakopane Explore by yourself
Oscar Schindler's Factory Tour
Frequently Asked Questions
Check what travellers ask about
Travelling to Auschwitz usually takes about 2,5 hours one way. The whole tour takes 7,5 hours.
If you want to be picked up from you accomodation you need to contact us first. We will confirm the exact pick up time from your location.
Please note there are several hotels in the Old Town restricted area, then you need to go to the closest meeting point.
Yes, it's possible. You need to choose the earliest morning tour to visit concentration camps and then start the Salt Mine Tour around 3 P.M. The whole combined tour will take about 11 hours.